Department: Quality Assurance
Reports to: Quality Programs Manager
This position performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections and/or standard microbiological, chemical, physical or sensory testing and assays on products, materials, components, etc. at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with quality and reliability standards. Manages finished goods positive release, net contents, and sensory program. Records statistical data, analyzes data, and writes summaries that validate or show deviations from existing standards. Recommends modifications to existing, or suggests new, standards, methods, and procedures. Works closely with the Quality Team to help identify, solve and prevent problems affecting quality.
1. Participate in trace and recall procedures
2. Support traceability exercises
3. Support production in decisions related to quality and food safety
4. Audit GMPs, procedures and paperwork on the production floor
5. Identify gaps in procedures or processes
6. Review of HACCP documentation on Production Floor daily
7. Observe Behavior Based Quality daily
8. Perform follow-up activities driven by CPARs from Internal and Third Party Audits
9. Act as a member of Internal Audit Team
10. Ensure compliance with SQF level 2 standards
11. Manage relevant documentation for above job functions
1. Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
2. 0-2 years manufacturing and or laboratory 1-2 years experience in food industry preferred.
3. Familiar with a variety of QA concepts, practices, and procedures
4. Good verbal and written communication skills
5. Excellent attention to detail
6. Ability to meet assigned deadlines
7. Good computer experience within a windows environment with a strong level of competence.
8. Understanding and managing of required documentation for SQF certified production
Please provide a description of you prior roles, including some details about the type of quality measurements and tracking performed within your prior areas of responsibility.