|Job SummaryThis position has responsibility to develop and oversee confectionary applications work.
- Develop confectionary prototypes that utilize company’s ingredients.
- Identify trends and opportunities in the confectionary market
- Work with business development in identifying key opportunities
- Provide technical support to business development and sales.
- Work with key customers on developing confectionary applications
- Participate in national meetings
- Source needed ingredients and equipment for confectionary applications
- Must possess MS degree or equivalent experience in confectionary science.
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have solid understanding of confectionary science.
- Must have good understanding of confectionary markets.
- Must have excellent carbohydrate chemistry background.
- Excellent communication skills
- Must work well with others and across various disciplines.
- Good presentation skills
Typical Physical Activity
- Regularly involves talking or listening, sitting, the use of hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Occasionally involves standing, walking, crouching, stooping, kneeling, crawling, and reaching with the hands /arms.
- Bench top and pilot plant research on confectionary applications
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 80 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
- Involves light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a primarily product/technical nature.
- Should be able to identify and distinguish colors, see clearly at 20 inches or closer and 20 feet or more, observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point, judge distances and spatial relationships, and adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
Typical Environmental Conditions
- May be exposed to moderate noise levels (i.e. office equipment, light traffic).
- May be exposed to fumes and toxic chemicals.
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-360-301-4075